This minced chicken salad is also known as ‘larb gai’ in Thailand; the hot spiciness in this chicken salad recipe works really well with the crunchy veg, creating a perfect balance of flavour and heat.
Rosa's Thai minced chicken salad
This minced chicken salad is also known as larb gai in Thailand, the hot spiciness in this chicken salad recipe works really well with the crunchy veg, creating a perfect balance of flavour and heat
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 3 red onion (finely chopped)
- 3 cm ginger (thinly sliced)
- 1 stalk lemongrass (thinly sliced)
- 2 tbsps vegetable oil
- 250 g minced chicken
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsps lime juice
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp roasted rice
- 1 lime leave (shredded)
- 1 handful coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1 handful mint leaves (chopped)
- 1 spring onion (sliced)
- wedges of iceberg lettuce
- green vegetables of your choice
- 1 red chilli (sliced)
Prepare all your ingredients.
Mixed together the garlic, onion, ginger and lemongrass.
Place oil in a wok over high heat until very hot. Add the garlic mixture and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until crispy and golden brown. Add the chicken and continue to fry for 2 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Take wok off heat and add chilli powder, salt, lime juice, fish sauce, roasted rice and lime leave.
Stir in coriander, mint, spring onion. Mix well and taste – it must be spicy, sour and salty.
- Serve with lettuce and green vegetables.
- Sprinkle with chilli slices (optional).